Monday, August 31, 2009

plated walls

So I haven't posted in quite some time...but I recently moved to LA and have been busy with moving across country and getting together the apartment.  So I will soon have some before and after pics to share of that transformation : )

But for now I'd like to share a little design idea that is well known, but often looked passed I believe, and that is hanging plates as decor!  While shopping around at stores for the past couple weeks I've found that there are so many cool looking/decorative dishes available that they really should be displayed as art and not kept staked up in the cabinet.  I hope you enjoy some of my finds...large_mainwallI love the dimension on this one, almost like it's growing out of the wall. found at nj.com

01-marimekko-keittio_intro__rect540

Here is an example of some modern looking plates that really give a bold statement against a white wall.  great for apartments, hence found on apartmenttherapy.com

Black-White-Plates-Wall-CP1005-deSince halloween is coming up...thought this was kind of fun. found on countryliving.com

3492397522_4580f7b4c7

2311417278_8cacf0dd06

15982_blog

05platesdisplay

4-28-lisa-plates1etsy.com

Eat 'em up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...