Tuesday, July 21, 2009

patch work

I've been finding a lot of great patterned upholstery work for interior spaces.  Like my pillow thought from my previous entry, bringing the design of a room out with a bold fabric or one focal piece can really cover the necessary visuals for the room.  I love these vibrantly colored couches and the designers gutsy-ness (a word?) to use bold patterns in one item of furniture.  With this type of idea, you can keep those ugly white painted, LA apartment walls, and create an atmosphere as chic as a modern bungalow.

africa21

I found this on designboom.com .  This is what I'm talking about when I say "getting gutsy" on these pattern choices.  But it all works so well - the design of the couch and movement of the shapes and colors.  I think I want this for my apartment...

main-15Definitely doing some patching here.  For a balanced room, this piece of furniture adds just the right amount of spunk to offset its formal nature.

main-9This room is mainly sticking with the green and blue color choice on the couch, but the different hints of purple and black complete this outfit of jean bottoms with a colored top.

main-7Keeping with a monochromatic look, the subtly of pattern change makes this Indian styled couch a bold and bright statement against the black table and deep blue/grey walls.

main-5I love how these two pieces contrast one another with these different velvet fabrics.  They are both such unique combinations of color and pattern that say if they were about to get into a duel, it would be a tough decision who would win out. (that was corny, but it's what I was thinking...)

Hope you enjoyed these colorful findings

Cheers,

Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...