Sunday, July 19, 2009

carboard - not just a storage unit

I was going to make this post about my new found love for chair design, but I came upon something a little more intriguing at the moment.  No need to fret, however, the chair post will come in time.

I have always been attracted towards at-home craft projects and trash to treasure ideas for the home.  I found this fabulous site called instructables.com that is by far the best craft site I have found on the web.  Most craft sites cater to children's crafts with a border design of rotating web flowers with  some nauseating electronic lullaby that seems to loop for hours after only a few seconds of opening the page. (phew, I've been meaning to let that out for a while).  Instructables is really made for the young adult at heart with crafty, modern design ideas, along with tutorial videos that help the process along.

I came across these amazing images of cardboard furniture while browsing the site.  You would never know this is the stuff that your computer came in!

carton1speach-buble-furniture

sean-yoo-opus-shelf

FHXKYP6FOVX10TS.MEDIUM

ecal_03

6a00d8341d29a953ef011279638b8228a4-500wi

An entire room of cardboard!

2_of_6_full01

Winner of Chair Affair 2009 Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...